You got something you wanna say?

Email me direct at: submonkey1@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day Three: A little more success.. a lot more confusion

Okay, so I was marginally more successful this evening than last night, however I am slightly confused.

My contraption now looks like this


Note the screwdriver sticking out of the top.. thats to hold the drive belt so it doesn't slide back into the tail boom.. I have a feeling that the belt itself is supposed to wrap around another pinion located on the inner side of the heli body but for love nor money I cant get it to stretch that far and I'm not sure how hard I should be trying before it snaps. Any guidance would be appreciated in this regard.

Everything else seems to be coming up pretty rosy though, to my incredibly untrained eyes.

At the moment I'm assembling the chopper without tightening the screws too much or using any loctite.. which means I will have to go back and loctite it all once its completed, at least I will get very familiar with my little Heli in the process.

Because I'm having such trouble understanding the basics of even putting the body together, looking forward I am getting concerned about my ability to construct it properly with the motor and the servo's and gyro and everything. I'm not sure that I am using the most reliable plans.. and I am more than aware that I don't really know what I am doing. I'm finding it's often taking me several reads over the instructions to understand what is required, even down to knowing exactly which screws and tools to use.

This is so far out of my comfort zone, but I suppose that makes it just that much more exciting, especially once its all finished and flying!

So.. any helpful advice is always welcome.

No comments: